Main Menu

News:

SMF - Just Installed!

Recent posts

Zone Rules! / The Disturbed Zone Rules
Last post by Kat Croft - Jan 26, 2024, 11:33 AM
Last Updated: January 2024

We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms and wish to use any thing off this site, please email me. You cannot use any thing on this site until you've asked. You are to never take any thing from this site with out the permission of the Disturbed Zone admins. All material on this website is owned by Disturbed Zone and their original authors. Material may not be taken, or used on your site without express permission from Disturbed Zone. Please do not link directly to the files on this server as this impedes the bandwidth latency across our network.

In order to use our forums we've created for you. You must read the rules I have provided for you below. If you do not follow the rules you will be banned. Not only your account but also your IP address, to keep you from just creating another account. Here are the rules you need to know before joining any of the boards. Follow them or you will be banned.

Flaming
No flaming other members. If you cannot respect the other members here then please do not bother joining this board. If you bash any of Disturbed Zone members you will only get THREE warnings. After you get THREE, you will be banned for a week. If you continue to do it the banning will only get longer until we ban you from the site for good. Please do not be harsh when commenting on people's artwork. Give them criticism that will help them improve. Any comments that we find that break these rules will be deleted without warning.

Swearing
Swearing is allowed, if you can't handle swearing. Then you can go find another place to hang out. But if I find that any of the swearing is taken to far you posts will be edited. Continence of editing will result in ONE warning. After this you will be banned for a week. So please try to keep the swearing under control.

Speak English
No web speak, (c ya l8er) there are some people who will not under stand all of that. So please spell the whole world. You can still use (OMG, LMFAO, ROTFL, ect...)

Perfect grammar, If English isn't a members first language, it can make life extremely difficult when trying to read posts, so we ask that you please be considerate to others and check your spelling before posting. We do have a spell checker app on the site. There is no excuse for not spell checking. Do it! Please post your comments in English. We will make an exception with 'Hello's' and 'Thank You's' in a member's native language if you know it. We may all even learn a little.

Members Signatures and Avatars
Signatures must not exceed 600x600, and try to keep the file size small. Cause some people have slower internet. And if anyone with slower Internet is having any problems with the pages loading. Please PM me and I will reduce the size back to 600x300. The signatures must be 600x600 this includes the signature it's self and any other small banners, glitter graphics, you put above or below the signature. You can only have 4 lines of text. This included links.

Avatars must be 150x150 and if you are uploading it from your PC no bigger then 25kb. Yes it is possible to get an avatar to 150x150 and less then 25kb. Trust me I've done it myself. If you need help getting your avatars to the correct size please post in the avatar section or you can pm me and I will reduce the size for you. Or you can link to your avatar. Signatures and avatars that break the required rules will be removed. If we have to remove you signature and avatar to many times you will be banned for a couple of weeks.

Photo Gallery
When posting you artwork please follow these simple words. Images must be no bigger then 700 in width. Any thing bigger must be in thumbnails. There are many members with slow Internet connections and some images take ages to load, so keep it as low as possible.

*Where can I upload my video files:
www.youtube.com | www.filefront.com | www.putfile.com | www.megaupload.com

*Where can I upload my image files :

www.photobucket.com
| www.imageshck.us

Spam
Posting the same information on several different forums just for the sake of doing it or to irritate the Members or Admins. Pick the appropriate Forum and post there only. This will result in a permanent ban. No warnings no if ands or buts.

Posting for the sake of posting, or in order to increase your post count. You don't really need to respond to every thread that's going on the Board when you're new. This includes resurrecting threads that have been inactive for 5 months or more, unless you have a piece of truly new information (and please check around other Forums or threads). If you can't add to the conversation, please don't post.

And this one-word posts and posting for the sake of posting is spamming. Please when posting you must post at least 4 words or more. More often then not members who do this are only trying to get their post count up. This just posting to say lol is so annoying. And it's considered Spam. And when a member asks for help. Please do not post just to say you wish you could help them. Or you don't know how to help them. Cause this is pointless, how is this going to help them in any way? These kinds of post will be deleted with out warning.

Sending out mass PMs to Members or Admins. Or pm members just to tell them about your website, art. It is considered abuse and we will not tolerate it. If we find out that you have been doing this. You will be banned no ifs ands or buts and no warnings will be given out. Spamming in any form will cause the party or parties to receive a warning, and, depending on the circumstances of the problem, can result in being banned immediately.

User names and members accounts
No long user names or user names with bad word. Even though we allow swearing swears in user names will not be allowed or user names that will offend others. Long user names stretch out the board and are hard to read. Any members seen doing this wll have their account Deleted. User names cannot be longer than 20 characters.

User names are not allowed to contain:

* All numbers.
* Don't PlAy WiTh ThE cApS LoCk ThInG.
* No names with special characters. This is just plain annoying and is hard to read. Things like _ - spaces ' are allowed.
* Nothing with bad words or that may be offensive to others.
* No racial or sexual names.
* NO ALL CAPS CRAP its just annoying and its considered shouting.
* No xXwhateverXx. What's up with that?
* No names similar to the members of Disturbed Zone
* And no names pretending to be the guys from the band

You cannot sign up under multiple user names to pretend to be someone else. People who do this are most likely looking to cause trouble on the board. You will be banned right away if you break this rule, no warnings. If you attempt to register too many times and not follow these rules you will be banned no ifs, ands, or buts.

A few big No no's
Sexual comments ARE NOT ALLOWED! If the admins find any of this the post/thread will be deleted. It might not bother you, but it does bother others. This will result in a one-month ban or a permanent ban if you continue to do it. We may have younger members who DO NOT need to be hearing this kind of stuff. Don't even think about doing it

NO RACIAL COMMENTS!! THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED DO YOU UNDERSTAND!

You cannot post topics about self injury, cutting. Although we do not want to stop people from getting help, posts about this subject might caused problems. There are other sites and boards made especially for this subject matter.

What's Really Annoying
You cannot post "chat" topics, just to chat back and forth with a friend. If you want to do this, please use the chat room, PM system, or email or the chat box. That is what it is there for. USE IT!

DoN't TyPe LiKe ThIs! It might be hard for others do read it. If we see this kind of thing it will be edited. Continuing doing this will result in a ban. Nor can you TYPE LIKE THIS or overly use explanation points it's just shouting and is rude.

Advertising
You are not allowed to post your sites here with out permission from the Disturbed Zone admins. This isn't the place to advertise your website/forums. Any Members seen doing so will be warned then banned for a week for future offenses. We will not tolerate this. If you want your site linked on Disturbed Zone. Please pm me the link and the graphic banner. All sites will be linked with a graphic banner. If you don't have one, one will be made for you. Once we reviewed it we will then decided if it gets put on our page. We will only link to your site if you link us first. More rules on this are on the main website at: www.disturbedzone.com

We only accept high quality websites. If we do not get back to you with in two weeks your site was not added to the site. You can fix up you site and try again in 2 months. Please do not try and submit your site until the 2-month time period has passed. Please note that advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are inappropriate on Disturbed Zone. Please also note that this message board is not an FFA Links Site. One-post-wonders wanting solely to advertise their web site or products will have their membership canceled and their posts removed. Domain names will also be blocked.

While we welcome the broadcasting of additional and relevant resources, we will not tolerate blatant web site advertising. Such posts we deem fall into this category will be removed and appropriate action taken. As said above if you want your site posted on out site. Please email the site and banner to us. Don't post it here. Any domain names that look odd will be ignored.

Post and Topics
Please try to not double post. Edit the first post that's what its there for. The edit button was invented for a reason. Unless you are adding pictures you are not allowed to double post.

Forum Rating
Our Forum is rated R, We allow swearing BUT NO posting of photographs of an adult nature is allowed. Links to these kinds of sites and/or images are not allowed either. And will be removed ASAP. And NO posting of manipulated photos or animations of a slash nature. NO creepy manipulations that show anyone in a more-than-friendly situation. Do it, and you will receive an official warning, if they break the rules they will be removed same goes for links to said manipulations.

Website Flaming
We covered flaming of members. So you should already know what flaming is. Flaming other websites is not allowed. If you are not happy with the way another site is running. Please take it up with the admins there. Do not bring it here and put us in the middle.

Members Photos
We are allowing Members' pictures to be posted - but ONLY in the Members Only Forum (which only members have access to). And it is recommended to only post your picture if you are age 18 and over. You may never know when another member is only pretending to be some one their not. We want all our members here to feel safe. But if you are under 18 and you post it, you are responsible for if. By posting your picture here you are agreeing this. And we are not responsible for what happens after the image is posted.

No Posting of Images from Pirated Material.
We love movie caps/music - but not from films not yet released on video/DVD. Or from CD's that have not been released. I'm not about to incur the wrath of Hollywood - I'd like to keep my house and my computer, thank you very much. We also ask that you not use images from pirated material in your avatar or signature image. Look, by purchasing or using pirated material, you're essentially stealing from the pockets of those involved with the film/album. You may have every intention of obtaining a legal copy as soon as it's available, but you're still supporting those who make a buck off of actors/actress/singers/bands and give nothing back.

No images pirated material in signatures or avatars. And no manipulations of you with a celebrity I mean please, give me a break. Please also refrain from using personal photographs in your signature images. This means pictures of yourself, your friends, your children, and your significant other, etc... Members are provided an area to post personal photographs in a protected area of the forum if that kind of sharing is your wish. Scroll up to read about the member's photos.

Must be 13 and over to join
In accordance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not accept registrations from individuals under the age of 13.

Privacy Statement
In order to gain membership to Disturbed Zone, we require a valid email address and a valid date of birth. We record this email address to your member profile, along with your IP address at time of registration. We require you to enter your date of birth to determine whether or not you are a COPPA user (see above). We record your IP address each time you browse or post on our forum. For registered members, we offer the option of storing a "cookie" on your computer to remain logged in.

Additional information may be volunteered, such as Location, Interests and Occupation, but this information is not required in order to become a member of our forum. All information is kept confidential. Your information is kept confidential at all times. By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are offensive, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violate of any laws. The rules may change and more may be added. So it is required that at least once a month or every 2 months. Members please re-read the rules. To make sure they haven't changed or nothings been added.

Thank you
Disturbed Zone Team

You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, adult material, or otherwise in violation of any International or United States Federal law. You also agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on this forum.

Anyone who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to notify an administrator or moderator of this forum immediately. The staff and the owner of this forum reserve the right to remove objectionable content, within a reasonable time frame, if they determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, please realize that they may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately. This policy applies to member profile information as well.

You remain solely responsible for the content of your posted messages. Furthermore, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless the owners of this forum, any related websites to this forum, its staff, and its subsidiaries. The owners of this forum also reserve the right to reveal your identity (or any other related information collected on this service) in the event of a formal complaint or legal action arising from any situation caused by your use of this forum.

You have the ability, as you register, to choose your username. We advise that you keep the name appropriate. With this user account you are about to register, you agree to never give your password out to another person except an administrator, for your protection and for validity reasons. You also agree to NEVER use another person's account for any reason.  We also HIGHLY recommend you use a complex and unique password for your account, to prevent account theft.

After you register and login to this forum, you will be able to fill out a detailed profile. It is your responsibility to present clean and accurate information. Any information the forum owner or staff determines to be inaccurate or vulgar in nature will be removed, with or without prior notice. Appropriate sanctions may be applicable.

Please note that with each post, your IP address is recorded, in the event that you need to be banned from this forum or your ISP contacted. This will only happen in the event of a major violation of this agreement.

Also note that the software places a cookie, a text file containing bits of information (such as your username and password), in your browser's cache. This is ONLY used to keep you logged in/out. The software does not collect or send any other form of information to your computer.